Any organization who is project oriented or ‘Make to Order’ business may be expert in their own technology. But delivering consistent successful results across large number projects needs some additional project management skills and setup. Traditionally a team is formed of senior and experienced project managers and is called as Planning Office or Project Office. But often management has concerns that
- Some senior managers are unwilling to be transparent and create their own island.
- May be some of the projects you execute not achieveing your ultimate business objective.
- Most of the time project gets delayed and overbudgeted that reduces your margin.
- Project related information is not available or not available when needed.
- Teams are not working cohesively and lacks systems.
A professional Project Management Office ( PMO ) can lay a good foundation by ensuring a maturity in PM skills. PMO provides centralized, coordinated project management related support to achieve organization’s business objective.
We help you to set up a Project Management Office (PMO), a center of excellence, that ensures a consistent approach to project management throughout the organization. which will lead to improved project performance and significant business benefits. Setting up include following services
- Project office health check up / audit
- Assessing competency, capability and maturity of people, processes and practices.
- Suggesting improvement plans.
- Developing project management methodologies, processes suitable for your organization.
- Selecting and maintaining software tools which supports business processes.
- Set or Enhance project management standards and provide metrics to measure performance against standards.
- Suggesting and developing reporting, metrics and analysis.
- Imparting training which provide individuals skill, knowledge and competencies needed to implement modern project management processes and practices.
- Establishing Knowledge management system which elevates fundamental communications in the project management environment to the conveyance of ideas, perceptions, experiences and interpretations of information.
- Facilitating team development by establishing the procedures that help form project teams and that help govern their development and performance.