An organization which has already implemented Project Management System using MS Project Server can consider Project Portfolio Management system as next step.The Microsoft PPM solution is suited to companies that place a lot of importance on centralized project planning and management across multiple projects. They are likely to need functions such as centralized resource management, capacity planning, portfolio management, partially automated approval processes, flxible and eye-catching reports using dashboards and cockpits, among many others.
Why PPM ?
- Goals are not defined clearly and strategic objectives are missing.
- Objectives are not prioritized and not aligned with projects.
- Projects are not selected or prioritized according to business value.
- Define and communicate business strategy.
- Build consensus around business driver priorities
- Identify optimal project portfolio considering resource, budget constraints to maximize profitability.
- See all resource requirements to accurately identify resource surpluses and deficits.
Proof of Concept
An indicative demonstration of EPM solution configured to your business scenario can be done if you decide to go for the same.